Last Updated on 5th Oct 2023
Terms & Conditions
The term ‘APPSOCIETY’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS whose registered office is B-604, Trimbak Towers, Plot 86, Sector 15, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai – 400614. Our GST registration number is 27ATRPS7345G1ZZ, India. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- You agree to take subscription of APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS as per the charges and period of subscription agreed with you by means of a formal subscription invoice.
- APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS are a platform for you to capture, manage, analyze and disseminate data of your housing/commercial societies. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information provided by you on APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any data or information or materials on APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS meet your specific requirements.
- APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, but excludes data related to your housing/commercial society. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to APPSOCIETY are acknowledged on APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without APPSOCIETY’s prior written consent. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of India or regulatory authority within the country of India.
- Users of APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS opting for electronic/online payment of society maintenance charges or any other payment meant to be paid to their society through APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS accept that their payments can be held for a short period by APPSOCIETY before it can be settled to respective society’s bank account.
Terms & Conditions for Online Maintenance Payment (only applicable if enabled for your society)
I. Acceptance of Terms
This section explains sets out the terms and conditions for Society’s use of Online Payment Services offered by AppSociety for payment of maintenance by its members. The name ‘AppSociety’ has been used interchangeable with ‘AppSociety Web App’ or ‘AppSociety Mobile App’.
II. Provision of the Services being offered by AppSociety
AppSociety is constantly evolving in order to provide the best possible experience and information for its users. Society acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which AppSociety provides may change from time to time without prior notice to Society.
As part of this continuing process, Society acknowledge and agree that AppSociety may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to Society or to users generally at AppSociety’s sole discretion, without prior notice to Society. Society may stop using the Services at any time. Society do not need to specifically inform AppSociety when Society stop using the Services.
Society acknowledge and agree that if AppSociety disables access to Society’s account owing to license expiration or non-payment of subscription charges or any other reason of discontinuation, Society may be prevented from accessing the Services, Society’s account details or any files or other content which is contained in Society’s account.
Society acknowledge and agree that while AppSociety may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions Society may send or receive through the Services, such fixed upper limits may be set by AppSociety at any time, at AppSociety’s discretion.
By using AppSociety’s services Society agree to the following disclaimer: AppSociety disclaims any liability for any information that may have become outdated since the last time the particular piece of information was updated. AppSociety reserves the right to make changes and corrections to any part of the content of this agreement at any time without prior notice.
III. Use of the Services by Society
Society agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by AppSociety, unless Society have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with AppSociety. Society specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that Society comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Services.
Society agree that Society are solely responsible for (and that AppSociety has no responsibility to Society or to any third party for) any breach of Society’s obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which AppSociety may suffer) of any such breach.
IV. Exclusion of Warranties
Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit AppSociety’s warranty or liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only the limitations which are lawful in Society’s jurisdiction will apply to Society and our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Society expressly understand and agree that Society’s use of the services is at Society’s sole risk and that the services are provided “as is” and “as available”.
AppSociety further expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
V. Limitation of Liability
Subject to overall provision paraphrased above, Society expressly understand and agree that AppSociety, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors shall not be liable to Society for:
Any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by Society, however caused and under any theory of liability, this shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss.
Any loss or damage which may be incurred by Society, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of Any reliance placed by Society on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between Society and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the services
The deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through Society’s use of the services
Society’s failure to provide AppSociety with accurate account information
By accepting the terms of this Agreement, Society authorize us to hold, receive, disburse and settle funds on Society’s behalf. Society’s authorization permits us to generate an electronic funds transfer between the Payment System Providers and our Bank Account to process each Payment Transaction that Society authorize.
Thereafter Society authorise us to transfer the Payments received from Society’s members to the bank account designated by Society for this purpose. Society’s authorization will remain in full force and effect until Society’s AppSociety Account is closed or terminated.
VII. Card Association Rules
“Card Association Rules” refer to the guidelines and processes established and defined by the Card Associations. These Card Associations have infrastructure and processes to enable transaction Authorization. The Card Associations require Society to comply with all applicable guidelines, rules, and regulations formulated by them.
The Card Associations reserve the right to amend their guidelines, rules and regulations. We may be required to amend modify or change this Agreement in pursuant to amendments to the Card Association Rules and such amendments if any shall be deemed to be binding on the Users.
Society and its members agrees to fully comply with all programs, guidelines, requirements that may be published and/or mandated by the Card Associations. Notwithstanding our assistance in understanding the Card Association Rules, Society expressly acknowledge and agree that Society are assuming the risk of compliance with all provisions of the Card Association Rules, regardless of whether Society or its members are aware of or have access to those provisions. MasterCard, Visa and American Express make excerpts of their respective rules available on their internet sites.
In the event that Society’s or its members’ non-compliance of Card Association Rules, results in any fines, penalties or other amounts being levied on or demanded of us by a Card Association, then without prejudice to our other rights hereunder, Society shall forthwith reimburse us in an amount equal to the fines, penalties or other amount so levied or demanded.
On receipt of the Payments in our Bank Account, we will endeavour to instruct the bank to transmit the Payments payable to the Society, after deducting our Fees, from our Bank Account to Society’s designated bank account, within 4 (four) Business Days (or such other period as may be prescribed by the RBI from time to time) from Completion of Transaction. Subject to any other Clause of this Agreement and Completion of Transaction, the Society acknowledges that we will settle the Payments only upon actual receipt of Payments in our Bank Account and upon reconciliation of the Payments by our payment gateway provider and our bank. The Society will bear and be responsible and liable for the payment of all relevant taxes in relation to the Payments made under this Agreement.
Society shall receive the amount (minus our charges) in their bank account within T+4 days where T is defined as the date of intimation of the completion of the transaction. Ledgers of paying members shall be automatically updated once the payment is done however that will be subject to realization and might be reversed in case payments are not realized or are disputed.
Once a payment is authenticated by Payment Service Providers, money is moved to AppSociety Bank Account and the first settlement will be initiated only after Society provides its Bank Account details and the same is processed at AppSociety’s end.
All risks associated with the maintenance or any other payment demanded by the Society from its members will be solely that of the Society and not AppSociety. Also, all disputes regarding quality, merchantability, non-payment, delay in payment by members or otherwise will be directly between the Society and the Member without making AppSociety and/or the Payment System Providers, a party to such disputes.
IX. Prohibited Services
Society agrees AppSociety will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses, business activities or business practices:
- embassies, foreign consulates or other foreign governments
- door-to-door sales,
- offering substantial rebates or special incentives to the Cardholder subsequent to the original purchase,
- negative response marketing,
- engaging in deceptive marketing practices,
- sharing Cardholder’s data with another merchant for payment of up-sell or cross-sell product or service,
- evading Card Network’s chargeback monitoring programs,
- engaging in any form of licensed or unlicensed aggregation or factoring,
- age restricted products or services,
- bail bonds,
- bankruptcy lawyers,
- bidding fee auctions,
- collection agencies,
- chain letters,
- check cashing, wire transfers or money orders,
- counterfeit goods (e.g. knock-offs, imitations, bootlegs)
- currency exchanges or dealers,
- firms selling business opportunities, investment opportunities, mortgage consulting or reduction, credit counselling, repair or protection or real estate purchases with no money down,
- credit card and identity theft protection,
- cruise lines,
- essay mills,
- flea markets (firms/individuals operating from a booth, on a part time basis with no lease or telephone availability; whether indoor or outdoors),
- drug paraphernalia,
- extended warranties,
- fortune tellers,
- “get rich quick” schemes;
- gambling (including but not limited to lotteries, Internet gaming, contests, sweepstakes, or offering of prizes as an inducement to purchase goods or services),
- sports forecasting or odds making,
- illegal products or services,
- mail-order brides,
- marijuana dispensaries and related businesses,
- money transmitters or money service businesses,
- multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes,
- online, mail, or telephone order pharmacies or pharmacy referral services,
- prepaid phone cards, phone services or cell phones,
- pseudo pharmaceuticals,
- quasi-cash or stored value,
- securities brokers,
- sexually-oriented or pornographic products or services,
- shipping or forwarding brokers,
- substances designed to mimic illegal drugs,
- online, mail, or telephone order tobacco or e-cigarette sales,
- weapons and munitions
- virtual currency or credits that can be monetized, re-sold or converted to physical or digital goods or services or otherwise exit the virtual world,
- Products/services intended to inflict or promote revenge, harassment, and other forms of abuse, humiliation and intimidation, or
- Long-term subscriptions (i.e., two year, three year, lifetime, etc.).
X. Transaction Disputes
Transactions may be disputed at anytime up to 180 (one hundred eighty) days, from the date of Transaction by the Members as per the Card Association Rules. Disputes resolved in favour of the Members may result in reversal of Payments to the Society. In the event of rejection/suspension of Payments to the Society, Chargebacks, refunds and/or any other dispute relating to the Transactions contemplated under this Agreement (“Disputed Transaction”), on any grounds whatsoever, we will forthwith notify the Society of the same.
On such notification the Society will conduct an internal review of such matter and will, within 5 (five) days from receipt of notification, revert to us in writing either:
- requesting us to refund (“Refund Request”) the Payment received by the Society in respect of such Transaction (“Refund Monies”); or
- providing us with a statement explaining how the Disputed Transaction is not warranted together with all documentary evidence in support of contesting such Disputed Transaction. In the event that the Society provides a Refund Request to us or fails to contest such Disputed Transaction within the aforesaid 5 (five) day period or contests Disputed Transaction without providing supporting documentation to ours, Payment System Providers, Card Association and/or Issuing Institution’s satisfaction, we will be entitled to recover the Refund Monies from credits subsequently made to the Society.
In the event that we are unable to recover the Refund Monies as aforesaid, the Society will be liable to make payment of the Refund Monies or part thereof which has not been recovered by us forthwith. It is hereby agreed and acknowledged by the Parties that the Fees charged by us in respect of the Disputed Transaction will not be refunded or repaid by us to the Society, Member or any other person.
XI. Governing Law
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The Users agree that any legal action or proceedings arising out of this Agreement may be brought exclusively in the competent courts/tribunals having jurisdiction in Mumbai in India and irrevocably submit themselves to the jurisdiction of such courts / tribunals.
APPSOCIETY believes in helping its customers as far as possible, and has therefore a liberal cancellation policy. Under this policy:
- Cancellations will be considered only if the request is made within 45 days of paying subscription fees. Cancellation and refund of fees or charges will be strictly governed by the Company Refund Policy of the company informed and declared from time to time.
- No cancellations are entertained for those products/services that the APPSOCIETY marketing team has obtained on special discounts and offers. These are limited occasion offers and therefore cancellations are not possible.
When you buy APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS, your purchase is covered by our 45 days money back guarantee. If you are, for any reason, not entirely happy with your purchase, we will cheerfully issue a full refund, subject to deductions for legal documents or services provided. To request a refund under this guarantee, you must contact us within the first 45-days of your payment of subscription fees. Just send an email to email@example.com . We’ll gladly refund you 100% of your fees within 1 week of your refund request.
APPSOCIETY is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. However, APPSOCIETY has no control on how users of APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS use the data or information available to them through subscription of APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS and APPSOCIETY can’t be held responsible for any misuse of data by users of APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS.
APPSOCIETY may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is revised and effective from 30/12/2018.
Type of data: AppSociety has provisions of collecting the following types of data of societies and its members or renters. It is solely the responsibility of the subscribing society to enter such data into the software for managing its affair.
- Name, Address of the society
- Contact Information including email address & phone number of society members, staff or any other individual/firm as entered by the society.
- Photos of residents or visitors for society residents, only in case the society has subscribed to that feature.
- Demographic Information such as City, postcode,
- Accounting related information pertaining to society members
- Documents/Files like member agreements, correspondence, bills, expense vouchers, registration certificates etc. if required by the managing committee in pdf/excel/word/image format to AppSociety's Document Repository or Notices modules
- Photos of visitors to the society/flats are uploaded/saved if the society has subscribed to Visitor Management module
What we do with the information we gather
We store the above data in a highly secure database and don’t use it for any other purpose other than making the same available back to users of the concerned society once registered.
Data Retention and Deletion
In the case of cancellation of subcription by the Society, all the data as provided by the Society is permanently deleted within 30 days once the cancellation has been confirmed. In case, as an OWNER or RENTER of the Society you wish to delete your AppSociety account during a valida subscription of your Society then please follow the steps at How to delete your account.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
Societies subscribing to APPSOCIETY may choose to restrict the collection or use of member’s personal information. APPSOCIETY is mere providing provisions of collecting information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional or transactional information about APPSOCIETY PRODUCTS which we think you may find interesting.
If there are any questions regarding aforesaid terms and conditions – general or for online payment, cancellation, privacy or refund policy you may contact us using the information below:
AppSociety, B-604, Trimbak Towers, Plot 86, Sector 15, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai – 400614
Tel.: +91 73040 82194